Ultimate Fighting Championship will return to Seattle for the third consecutive year with a KeyArena fight card to air live on FOX.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced Friday that it will return to KeyArena on Saturday, July 27 with a nationally televised fight card that will air live on Fox.
It will be the organization’s third consecutive annual event at KeyArena. After hosting a sold-out event in March 2011, UFC returned to Seattle in December and again drew a sellout crowd. UFC estimated its gate at $1.5 million.
UFC will announce fights for the card and ticket information within the next few weeks.
Two Seattle-area fighters own UFC championships. Demetrious Johnson of Parkland is the flyweight (125 pounds) champion, while Benson Henderson of Federal Way holds the lightweight (155) title.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?