Ultimate Fighting Championship will return to Seattle for the third consecutive year with a KeyArena fight card to air live on FOX.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced Friday that it will return to KeyArena on Saturday, July 27 with a nationally televised fight card that will air live on Fox.
It will be the organization’s third consecutive annual event at KeyArena. After hosting a sold-out event in March 2011, UFC returned to Seattle in December and again drew a sellout crowd. UFC estimated its gate at $1.5 million.
UFC will announce fights for the card and ticket information within the next few weeks.
Two Seattle-area fighters own UFC championships. Demetrious Johnson of Parkland is the flyweight (125 pounds) champion, while Benson Henderson of Federal Way holds the lightweight (155) title.
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program