Ultimate Fighting Championship will return to Seattle for the third consecutive year with a KeyArena fight card to air live on FOX.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced Friday that it will return to KeyArena on Saturday, July 27 with a nationally televised fight card that will air live on Fox.
It will be the organization’s third consecutive annual event at KeyArena. After hosting a sold-out event in March 2011, UFC returned to Seattle in December and again drew a sellout crowd. UFC estimated its gate at $1.5 million.
UFC will announce fights for the card and ticket information within the next few weeks.
Two Seattle-area fighters own UFC championships. Demetrious Johnson of Parkland is the flyweight (125 pounds) champion, while Benson Henderson of Federal Way holds the lightweight (155) title.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers