Ultimate Fighting Championship will return to Seattle for the third consecutive year with a KeyArena fight card to air live on FOX.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced Friday that it will return to KeyArena on Saturday, July 27 with a nationally televised fight card that will air live on Fox.
It will be the organization’s third consecutive annual event at KeyArena. After hosting a sold-out event in March 2011, UFC returned to Seattle in December and again drew a sellout crowd. UFC estimated its gate at $1.5 million.
UFC will announce fights for the card and ticket information within the next few weeks.
Two Seattle-area fighters own UFC championships. Demetrious Johnson of Parkland is the flyweight (125 pounds) champion, while Benson Henderson of Federal Way holds the lightweight (155) title.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl