The top seeds easily advanced to the round-of-16 Wednesday at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis club.
Jason Jung, the No. 1 seed in the men’s Open division, defeated Brian Patrick Foley 6-2, 6-1.
Gail Brodsky of Kirkland, the top-seeded woman, beat Snohomish’s Andrea Olson 6-2, 6-4.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks, Titans only teams to both not take the field during day of anthem protests across NFL WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
• Washington was in eighth place among 18 teams after the second round of the Girls Junior America’s Cup golf tournament at the University of New Mexico Golf Course in Albuquerque.
Washington’s Sierra Kersten, Bree Wanderscheid, Ashley Fitzgibbons and Lauryn Keating were at 23-over 453. Mexico leads at 7 under.
• Washington won 6-4 over Alaska in its opening game of the Junior League Western Region in Vancouver.
From sports information reports.