All of the men’s top seeds advanced in the Washington State Open tennis tournament at Seattle Tennis Club on Tuesday.
Top-seeded Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., defeated Peter Rouch of 6-2, 6-0 in the round of 64. No. 2 seed Julio Peralta of Boiling Springs, S.C. defeated Charlie Williams of Mercer Island 6-0, 6-0. Third-seeded Brian Wilson of Bellevue defeated Makoa Rosa of Federal Way 6-2, 6-0.
No. 4 seed Campbell Johnson of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., earned a 6-2, 6-4 victory over Alexander Marcinkowski of Spokane.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
• Columbia Little League of the Vancouver area earned a 10-0 victory over Pearl City, Hawaii, in the opener of the Senior League Baseball Western Regional in Ontario, Calif. Columbia will play Clackamas, Ore., Wednesday.
• Washington incoming freshman Kevin Kwon shot 8-under 64 to grab the first-round lead of the Canadian Boys Championship at Timberwolf Golf Club in Sudbury, Ontario. Kwon, of Pitts Meadow, B.C., holds a three-stroke advantage in the tournament that he finished runner-up in last year.
From team reports and other sources