AUBURN — The 3-year-olds take center stage at Emerald Downs this weekend, beginning with the $65,000 Washington Oaks on Saturday and the $65,000 Emerald Downs Derby on Sunday.
8 -mile Oaks, the top race of the meet for 3-year-old fillies, drew a field of six, headed by Stopshoppingdebbie, unbeaten in four career races. She once again has to deal with her stablemates from trainer Tom Wenzel’s barn, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie.
Stopshoppingdebbie, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie have finished 1-2-3 in three straight stakes races at Emerald.
Music of My Soul, last year’s 2-year-old male champion at Emerald, can take a step toward winning division honors again when he heads a field of six in the Emerald Downs Derby at 11
8 miles. Among the challengers is Mike Man’s Gold, who won last month’s Seattle Slew Handicap at 18-1.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap