Stopshoppingdebbie hasn’t stopped doing something else: Winning.
The 4-year-old filly remained unbeaten in six career races by demolishing a strong field in the Hastings Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
In her first race since August, Stopshoppingdebbie was wide throughout from the No. 8 post, but that mattered little.
When jockey Rocco Bowen wanted her to pick it up entering the stretch, she had an eye-catch move, rolling past the front-runners in what seemed like a flash. The 6-furlong race was over at that point, with the only question being how much would she win by, which was 4 lengths in a time of 1 minute, 8.38 seconds.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
Most Read Stories
it was the fifth straight stakes win for Stopshoppingdebbie, whose is owed by Jerre Paxton’s Northwest Farms. Paxton has said he hopes to run the filly in the Breeders’ Cup this fall, and this was nice first step toward that goal.
Staff and track reports