Stopshoppingdebbie hasn’t stopped doing something else: Winning.
The 4-year-old filly remained unbeaten in six career races by demolishing a strong field in the Hastings Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
In her first race since August, Stopshoppingdebbie was wide throughout from the No. 8 post, but that mattered little.
When jockey Rocco Bowen wanted her to pick it up entering the stretch, she had an eye-catch move, rolling past the front-runners in what seemed like a flash. The 6-furlong race was over at that point, with the only question being how much would she win by, which was 4 lengths in a time of 1 minute, 8.38 seconds.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
it was the fifth straight stakes win for Stopshoppingdebbie, whose is owed by Jerre Paxton’s Northwest Farms. Paxton has said he hopes to run the filly in the Breeders’ Cup this fall, and this was nice first step toward that goal.
Staff and track reports