Stopshoppingdebbie brings a perfect record in five races into Sunday’s $50,000 Hastings Handicap for older fillies and mares at 6 furlongs, but trainer Tom Wenzel said he isn’t feeling any added pressure.
“I can’t say that I don’t get a little bit nervous (before races), because that would be unnatural,” Wenzel said. “(But) even with ’Debbie’s streak on the line, I don’t feel pressure from that.”
Stopshoppingdebbie, a 4-year-old filly, will carry the high weight of 122 pounds in a talented field of eight that includes stablemates Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie, along with the Jim Penney-trained stakes winners Madame Pele and Finding More.
Stopshoppingdebbie drew the No. 8 post position for the first stakes of the season with Rocco Bowen riding.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
From track reports