Stopshoppingdebbie brings a perfect record in five races into Sunday’s $50,000 Hastings Handicap for older fillies and mares at 6 furlongs, but trainer Tom Wenzel said he isn’t feeling any added pressure.
“I can’t say that I don’t get a little bit nervous (before races), because that would be unnatural,” Wenzel said. “(But) even with ’Debbie’s streak on the line, I don’t feel pressure from that.”
Stopshoppingdebbie, a 4-year-old filly, will carry the high weight of 122 pounds in a talented field of eight that includes stablemates Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie, along with the Jim Penney-trained stakes winners Madame Pele and Finding More.
Stopshoppingdebbie drew the No. 8 post position for the first stakes of the season with Rocco Bowen riding.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
From track reports