With Jimmy Shane battling a fuel problem in the 5 Graham Trucking, Steve David and the 1 Oh Boy! Oberto qualified at the top of the 11-boat field at the Lamb-Weston Columbia Cup, with a speed of 158.766.
Shane finally got on the water late and qualified fifth with a speed of 151.399.
Jon Zimmerman of Team RedDot powered by Les Schwab Tires earned second place at 155.089.
Third and fourth were Kip Brown in the 95 Spirit of Qatar at 154.422 and J Michael Kelly in the 37 Miss Beacon Plumbing at 151.778.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
- Seattle’s newcomers vs. longtime residents: At least we both like the Seahawks
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- 12 Tully’s Coffee locations at Boeing to close, with each side blaming the other