The 3-year-olds are in the spotlight with a pair of stakes races Sunday at Auburn’s Emerald Downs.
Fillies will compete in the $50,000 Irish Day Handicap at one mile, and colts and geldings will vie in the $50,000 Coca-Cola Handicap, also at one mile.
Trainer Tom Wenzel will likely have the top three choices in the Irish Day Handicap after stablemates Stopshoppingdebbie, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie went 1-2-3 in last month’s Seattle Handicap.
Carving is the 5-2 morning-line favorite for the Coca-Cola Handicap.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- UW cornerback Byron Murphy expected to miss 6 weeks with a broken foot
• Gallyn Mitchell, the track’s all-time leading rider with 1,347 wins, returned to action just 61 days after suffering a major heart attack April 22.
From track reports