Stablemates Del Rio Harbor and Noosito will resume their rivalry Sunday in the $50,000 Seattle Slew Handicap for 3-year-old colts and geldings at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
Noosito won the 6-furlong Auburn Handicap in May by 5½ lengths over Mebossman, with Del Rio Harbor, the favorite and last year’s 2-year-old champion at Emerald Downs, finishing third.
Del Rio Harbor got revenge on Noosito, a fellow Doris Harwood trainee, beating him by 2½ lengths in last month’s Coca Cola Handicap at one mile.
Sunday’s race is 1 1/16 miles and drew just two other entrants: Kenai King, who is also trained by Harwood, and Charlie Thomas.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway