Stablemates Del Rio Harbor and Noosito will resume their rivalry Sunday in the $50,000 Seattle Slew Handicap for 3-year-old colts and geldings at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
Noosito won the 6-furlong Auburn Handicap in May by 5½ lengths over Mebossman, with Del Rio Harbor, the favorite and last year’s 2-year-old champion at Emerald Downs, finishing third.
Del Rio Harbor got revenge on Noosito, a fellow Doris Harwood trainee, beating him by 2½ lengths in last month’s Coca Cola Handicap at one mile.
Sunday’s race is 1 1/16 miles and drew just two other entrants: Kenai King, who is also trained by Harwood, and Charlie Thomas.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license