Stablemates Del Rio Harbor and Noosito will resume their rivalry Sunday in the $50,000 Seattle Slew Handicap for 3-year-old colts and geldings at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
Noosito won the 6-furlong Auburn Handicap in May by 5½ lengths over Mebossman, with Del Rio Harbor, the favorite and last year’s 2-year-old champion at Emerald Downs, finishing third.
Del Rio Harbor got revenge on Noosito, a fellow Doris Harwood trainee, beating him by 2½ lengths in last month’s Coca Cola Handicap at one mile.
Sunday’s race is 1 1/16 miles and drew just two other entrants: Kenai King, who is also trained by Harwood, and Charlie Thomas.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade