Stablemates Del Rio Harbor and Noosito will resume their rivalry Sunday in the $50,000 Seattle Slew Handicap for 3-year-old colts and geldings at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
Noosito won the 6-furlong Auburn Handicap in May by 5½ lengths over Mebossman, with Del Rio Harbor, the favorite and last year’s 2-year-old champion at Emerald Downs, finishing third.
Del Rio Harbor got revenge on Noosito, a fellow Doris Harwood trainee, beating him by 2½ lengths in last month’s Coca Cola Handicap at one mile.
Sunday’s race is 1 1/16 miles and drew just two other entrants: Kenai King, who is also trained by Harwood, and Charlie Thomas.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court