NICE, France – Orica-GreenEdge won the team time trial Tuesday to put Australian rider Simon Gerrans in the race leader’s yellow jersey after four stages of the Tour de France.
Orica edged pacesetter Omega Pharma-Quickstep for the victory. Orica finished 15.5 miles in 25 minutes, 56 seconds.
Orica was ridiculed during Saturday’s opening stage when its team bus became stuck on the finish line because it was wedged under scaffolding.
Gerrans, 33, took the overall lead from Belgian Jan Bakelants of the RadioShack Leopard team. Bakelants dropped to 32nd place.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage
Most Read Stories
Tour favorite Chris Froome’s Sky team finished third; Froome is in seventh place.