NICE, France – Orica-GreenEdge won the team time trial Tuesday to put Australian rider Simon Gerrans in the race leader’s yellow jersey after four stages of the Tour de France.
Orica edged pacesetter Omega Pharma-Quickstep for the victory. Orica finished 15.5 miles in 25 minutes, 56 seconds.
Orica was ridiculed during Saturday’s opening stage when its team bus became stuck on the finish line because it was wedged under scaffolding.
Gerrans, 33, took the overall lead from Belgian Jan Bakelants of the RadioShack Leopard team. Bakelants dropped to 32nd place.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
Tour favorite Chris Froome’s Sky team finished third; Froome is in seventh place.