NICE, France – Orica-GreenEdge won the team time trial Tuesday to put Australian rider Simon Gerrans in the race leader’s yellow jersey after four stages of the Tour de France.
Orica edged pacesetter Omega Pharma-Quickstep for the victory. Orica finished 15.5 miles in 25 minutes, 56 seconds.
Orica was ridiculed during Saturday’s opening stage when its team bus became stuck on the finish line because it was wedged under scaffolding.
Gerrans, 33, took the overall lead from Belgian Jan Bakelants of the RadioShack Leopard team. Bakelants dropped to 32nd place.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
Tour favorite Chris Froome’s Sky team finished third; Froome is in seventh place.