NICE, France – Orica-GreenEdge won the team time trial Tuesday to put Australian rider Simon Gerrans in the race leader’s yellow jersey after four stages of the Tour de France.
Orica edged pacesetter Omega Pharma-Quickstep for the victory. Orica finished 15.5 miles in 25 minutes, 56 seconds.
Orica was ridiculed during Saturday’s opening stage when its team bus became stuck on the finish line because it was wedged under scaffolding.
Gerrans, 33, took the overall lead from Belgian Jan Bakelants of the RadioShack Leopard team. Bakelants dropped to 32nd place.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Tour favorite Chris Froome’s Sky team finished third; Froome is in seventh place.