Shoreline’s Katrina Young and Amy Cozad of Indianapolis finished eighth in the women’s synchronized 10-meter on Thursday at the FINA Diving World Cup in Shanghai.
The event is the top international diving competition of the year.
• Seattle Pacific, led by five teams that compiled the highest grade-point averages in their respective sports, won the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Academic All-Sports title.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Reports: Seattle Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch out at least four weeks, set for surgery Wednesday
Most Read Stories
The Falcons outpointed Northwest Nazarene 156-147 to win their fifth title in the 13-year history of the award. SPU was also the academic all-sports champion in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2011. Defending champion Saint Martin’s finished third with 146 points.
• Cascade High School of Everett girls basketball coach Rene Pedroza has stepped down after two seasons.
• CJ Marsh (5-5) has been named as a replacement to fight Will Noland (8-4) in the main event of CageSport 31 on Saturday night at the Emerald Queen Casino. Earlier this week, Noland’s opponent, Alfonso Gonzales, injured his rotator cuff and pulled out of the fight.
Marsh is coming off two knockouts in his last two fights, both taken on late notice.
From sports-information reports.