Queen Underwood of Seattle and Alex Love of Monroe won winners bracket quarterfinal bouts at the U.S. Olympic trials for women's boxing...
SPOKANE — Queen Underwood of Seattle and Alex Love of Monroe won winners bracket quarterfinal bouts at the U.S. Olympic trials for women’s boxing at the Northern Quest Resort on Monday.
Underwood won a 22-12 decision against Bertha Aracil of Yonkers, N.Y., in a 132-pound bout.
Underwood will face Mikaela Mayer of Los Angeles in Tuesday’s winners bracket semifinals. Mayer earned a 27-10 decision over Lisa Porter of Northridge, Calif.
Love won a 24-15 decision against Taversha Norwood of Marietta, Ga.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Love will meet Marlen Esparza of Houston on Tuesday. Esparza won by walkover against Cynthia Moreno of Phoenix.
The champions in each weight division at the Olympic trials will move on to the Women’s World Championships in Qinhuangdao, China, where they will need to place in the top eight to earn berths in the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
From USA Boxing reports