Seattle University has hired Seattle native Portia McGee as head coach of women's crew program. McGee brings vast local, national and international...
Seattle University has hired Seattle native Portia McGee as head coach of women’s crew program.
McGee brings vast local, national and international experience to the position.
She was a member of the 2008 U.S. Olympic team, was named USRowing Female Athlete of the Year in 2007, and was a world champion in the women’s four the same year. McGee is also a seven-time member of the USA national rowing team.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
• Maria Forsberg of Brier repeated as women’s Moto X Enduro X champion at X Games Los Angeles. She was undefeated in Endurocross competition in 2011, picking up her second consecutive Grand National Cross Country Series (GNCC) title.
• Tyler Salsbury from Enumclaw and Mark Strickland of Harbour Pointe each shot even-par 72 at West Seattle Golf Course to finish tied at 139 and share the lead after the second round of the Seattle Amateur Championship.
Day-one medalist Jarrett Foote of Palouse Ridge in Pullman shot a 75 to stand alone in third at 140. Seventeen other players remain within five shots of the lead.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.