Mitch Penner scored 13 of his 17 points during the second half Thursday night as 16th-ranked Seattle Pacific (8-2) rallied for a 73-54 win over Northwest Nazarene (1-6) in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference men’s basketball opener for both teams at Brougham Pavilion.
Defending national champion West Florida ousted Western Washington 2-1 in overtime at the NCAA Division II Final Four in Evans, Ga. Kristin Maris scored in the final minute of regulation for the Vikings (20-2-1). Sashana Campbell had both goals for West Florida.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
Suzanna Ohlsen scored 19 points and Mechela Barnes hit a free throw with three seconds left to provide the final margin as No. 6 Seattle Pacific (7-0) beat host Alaska Fairbanks 71-68.
Other men’s basketball
Guard Richard Woodworth hit two free throws with 1.9 seconds remaining, lifting No. 5 host Western Washington (5-0) to a 67-66 GNAC triumph over Western Oregon.
No. 5 seed Western Washington (23-4) lost to No. 4 seed Sonoma State 25-19, 25-18, 25-16 in opening-round action at the NCAA Division II West Regional in San Bernardino, Calif.