Team Washington, led by Lyle Sieg of the Seattle's Granite Curling Club, earned a top seed in the playoff round of the 2013 U.S. Curling Mixed National Championship...
Team Washington, led by Lyle Sieg of the Seattle’s Granite Curling Club, earned a top seed in the playoff round of the 2013 U.S. Curling Mixed National Championship in Willmar, Minn. after finishing 8-1 in the round robin Thursday.
Sieg’s team advanced to the semifinal round, which begins at 2 p.m. on Friday at the Willmar Curling Club. Its opponent will be the winner of a Friday morning playoff between Team Wisconsin and Team Alaska, which features local curlers Shelby Sweet and Cori Tomlinson.
Central Washington split games with Montana State-Billings on Friday in Billings, Mont., winning the first game of the doubleheader, 11-2, but losing the second, 13-5.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Junior Jill McDaniels homered in her fourth consecutive game, and senior Cassi Ellis went 3-for-4 with four runs batted in to lead CWU in the first game.
Washington State’s game at Gonzaga on Saturday has been rescheduled to Sunday, April 7 at 4 p.m. due to a conflict in both schools’ schedules.
From sports-information reports.