Named by volleyball’s highest governing body (FIVB) as the greatest volleyball player of the 20th century, Karch Kiraly is currently the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball coach as well as an ambassador for the sport.
During his legendary playing career he won three NCAA championships at UCLA and then went on to win three Olympic gold medals, He is still the only person to win Olympic golds in both indoor and beach volleyball.
He’s in Seattle to promote the 2013 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship which is being held at KeyArena Dec. 19-21.
Kiraly answered questions about his illustrious career, coaching the U.S. women’s team, the current NCAA volleyball scene and more in a live chat on Dec. 4.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup