Named by volleyball’s highest governing body (FIVB) as the greatest volleyball player of the 20th century, Karch Kiraly is currently the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball coach as well as an ambassador for the sport.
During his legendary playing career he won three NCAA championships at UCLA and then went on to win three Olympic gold medals, He is still the only person to win Olympic golds in both indoor and beach volleyball.
He’s in Seattle to promote the 2013 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship which is being held at KeyArena Dec. 19-21.
Kiraly answered questions about his illustrious career, coaching the U.S. women’s team, the current NCAA volleyball scene and more in a live chat on Dec. 4.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery