Named by volleyball’s highest governing body (FIVB) as the greatest volleyball player of the 20th century, Karch Kiraly is currently the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball coach as well as an ambassador for the sport.
During his legendary playing career he won three NCAA championships at UCLA and then went on to win three Olympic gold medals, He is still the only person to win Olympic golds in both indoor and beach volleyball.
He’s in Seattle to promote the 2013 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship which is being held at KeyArena Dec. 19-21.
Kiraly answered questions about his illustrious career, coaching the U.S. women’s team, the current NCAA volleyball scene and more in a live chat on Dec. 4.
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season