Two-time AMA Supercross champion Ryan Villopoto is one of the most dominating racers in motocross.
Villopoto, who grew up in Poulsbo, won the Supercross titles in 2011 and 2012 as well as the 2011 outdoor series title. He missed the 2012 outdoor season after injuring his left knee in a crash at CenturyLink Field.
He recently won five straight races and has eight victories on the 2013 Supercross season. He is the current championship leader in Supercross and is looking to become the fourth rider in history to win three consecutive titles.
Villopoto talked about his career in motocross, Saturday’s Supercross race at CenturyLink Field and much more April 18 on seattletimes.com.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- 1,000 flee homes as wildfire quickly spreads in Wenatchee