Two-time AMA Supercross champion Ryan Villopoto is one of the most dominating racers in motocross.
Villopoto, who grew up in Poulsbo, won the Supercross titles in 2011 and 2012 as well as the 2011 outdoor series title. He missed the 2012 outdoor season after injuring his left knee in a crash at CenturyLink Field.
He recently won five straight races and has eight victories on the 2013 Supercross season. He is the current championship leader in Supercross and is looking to become the fourth rider in history to win three consecutive titles.
Villopoto talked about his career in motocross, Saturday’s Supercross race at CenturyLink Field and much more April 18 on seattletimes.com.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery