The Rat City Rollergirls got rolling in April 2004 and RCRG is still Seattle’s premier all-female flat-track roller derby league.
Approximately 80 active skaters make up the Rollergirls and are divided among four home teams: Derby Liberation Front, Grave Danger, Sockit Wenches, and Throttle Rockets. In addition, a small number of skilled, dedicated skaters are chosen to represent the league on its fifth team, the Rat City Rollergirls All Stars.
Tempura Tantrum of Grave Danger and Belle Tolls, who is co-captain of the Sockit Wenches, talked about the nuances of roller derby and the popularity of the sport in Seattle and around the Northwest March 6 on seattletimes.com.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?