The Rat City Rollergirls got rolling in April 2004 and RCRG is still Seattle’s premier all-female flat-track roller derby league.
Approximately 80 active skaters make up the Rollergirls and are divided among four home teams: Derby Liberation Front, Grave Danger, Sockit Wenches, and Throttle Rockets. In addition, a small number of skilled, dedicated skaters are chosen to represent the league on its fifth team, the Rat City Rollergirls All Stars.
Tempura Tantrum of Grave Danger and Belle Tolls, who is co-captain of the Sockit Wenches, talked about the nuances of roller derby and the popularity of the sport in Seattle and around the Northwest March 6 on seattletimes.com.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect