Seattle native Apolo Ohno first became interested in short track speed skating when he was 12 years old and he would go on to win eight Olympic medals, including two golds, and earn the title of most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian in history.
During his illustrious career, he also won the overall title at the 1999 World Junior Championships and medalled 21 times at the World Championships, including eight individual golds.
In 2007, Ohno participated in the hit reality show Dancing with the Stars and won the championship with Julianne Hough as his partner.
He currently hosts Minute to Win It on GSN and will be running in the 2014 Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon on Saturday.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
Most Read Stories
Ohno answered questions about his skating career, his new athletic challenges and more in a live chat on June 20.