Seattle native Apolo Ohno first became interested in short track speed skating when he was 12 years old and he would go on to win eight Olympic medals, including two golds, and earn the title of most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian in history.
During his illustrious career, he also won the overall title at the 1999 World Junior Championships and medalled 21 times at the World Championships, including eight individual golds.
In 2007, Ohno participated in the hit reality show Dancing with the Stars and won the championship with Julianne Hough as his partner.
He currently hosts Minute to Win It on GSN and will be running in the 2014 Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon on Saturday.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
Most Read Stories
Ohno answered questions about his skating career, his new athletic challenges and more in a live chat on June 20.