Seattle native Apolo Ohno first became interested in short track speed skating when he was 12 years old and he would go on to win eight Olympic medals, including two golds, and earn the title of most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian in history.
During his illustrious career, he also won the overall title at the 1999 World Junior Championships and medalled 21 times at the World Championships, including eight individual golds.
In 2007, Ohno participated in the hit reality show Dancing with the Stars and won the championship with Julianne Hough as his partner.
He currently hosts Minute to Win It on GSN and will be running in the 2014 Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon on Saturday.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Ohno answered questions about his skating career, his new athletic challenges and more in a live chat on June 20.