Kasey Kahne is in his 10th year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series and drives the No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS for Hendrick Motorsports.
The Enumclaw native will start in the 11th position when the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series playoffs kick off this Sunday (ESPN, 11 a.m. PT) at Chicagoland Speedway. He claimed the first of two wild-card postseason berths into the 12-driver field, finishing the 26-race regular season with two wins, eight top-fives and 11 top-10s
He made his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at the 2004 Daytona 500 and won his first race at the 2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 at Richmond. Overall, he has won 16 races and has 132 top-10 finishes in the series.
Kahne participated in a fan event with Martinsville (Va.) Speedway in Roanoke, Va., to promote NASCAR’s Chase playoffs and afterwards answered questions about his racing career, this year’s Chase and more in a live chat on Sept. 11.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners