For more than 50 years, Pat O’Day has graced the airwaves of Seattle, first as a rock-and-roll DJ on KJR and then as the voice of the Seafair hydroplane races.
After leaving KJR in the 1960s, he became one of the biggest concert promoters in the country, presenting tours for Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra and many others.
He has been a part of the Seafair hydro broadcasts for 45 years and this year will host a one-hour race special during Seafair weekend on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
O’Day answered questions about his colorful career in broadcasting, his thoughts on the hydros and more in a live chat on July 30.
Most Read Stories
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Seattle to spend $177M on new streetcar line amid questions about ‘unrealistic’ revenue, rider projections
- McCain calls brain cancer prognosis 'very poor'
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel