For more than 50 years, Pat O’Day has graced the airwaves of Seattle, first as a rock-and-roll DJ on KJR and then as the voice of the Seafair hydroplane races.
After leaving KJR in the 1960s, he became one of the biggest concert promoters in the country, presenting tours for Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra and many others.
He has been a part of the Seafair hydro broadcasts for 45 years and this year will host a one-hour race special during Seafair weekend on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
O’Day answered questions about his colorful career in broadcasting, his thoughts on the hydros and more in a live chat on July 30.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein