For more than 50 years, Pat O’Day has graced the airwaves of Seattle, first as a rock-and-roll DJ on KJR and then as the voice of the Seafair hydroplane races.
After leaving KJR in the 1960s, he became one of the biggest concert promoters in the country, presenting tours for Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra and many others.
He has been a part of the Seafair hydro broadcasts for 45 years and this year will host a one-hour race special during Seafair weekend on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
O’Day answered questions about his colorful career in broadcasting, his thoughts on the hydros and more in a live chat on July 30.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched