Mike Gastineau was a fixture at Sports Radio KJR for 21 years, hosting more than 5,000 shows.
Last December he decided to step away from the microphone to explore other creative opportunities.
During his time at KJR, he also spearheaded a yearly auction, the “KJR Kares-a-thon,” which has raised more than $1.5 million in 17 years for Puget Sound charities.
The “Gas Man” answered questions about Seattle sports, his broadcasting days at KJR and more in a live chat Feb. 6 on seattletimes.com.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft