Mike Gastineau was a fixture at Sports Radio KJR for 21 years, hosting more than 5,000 shows.
Last December he decided to step away from the microphone to explore other creative opportunities.
During his time at KJR, he also spearheaded a yearly auction, the “KJR Kares-a-thon,” which has raised more than $1.5 million in 17 years for Puget Sound charities.
The “Gas Man” answered questions about Seattle sports, his broadcasting days at KJR and more in a live chat Feb. 6 on seattletimes.com.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area