Mike Gastineau was a fixture at Sports Radio KJR for 21 years, hosting more than 5,000 shows.
Last December he decided to step away from the microphone to explore other creative opportunities.
During his time at KJR, he also spearheaded a yearly auction, the “KJR Kares-a-thon,” which has raised more than $1.5 million in 17 years for Puget Sound charities.
The “Gas Man” answered questions about Seattle sports, his broadcasting days at KJR and more in a live chat Feb. 6 on seattletimes.com.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip