Chris Hansen is a San Francisco hedge-fund manager with deep Northwest roots who is seeking to build a sports arena south of Safeco Field to lure an NBA team to Seattle.
A big Sonics fan growing up, he is prepared to make a significant investment in the Seattle community to try and bring pro basketball back to the area.
On May 16, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, King County Executive Dow Constantine and Hansen announced details of a Memorandum of Understanding they will send to the city and county councils to finance a new, $490 million sports arena.
Hansen talked about his arena proposal, his thoughts on the NBA & NHL possibly coming to Seattle and much more in a live chat May 22 on seattletimes.com.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle