Chris Hansen is a San Francisco hedge-fund manager with deep Northwest roots who is seeking to build a sports arena south of Safeco Field to lure an NBA team to Seattle.
A big Sonics fan growing up, he is prepared to make a significant investment in the Seattle community to try and bring pro basketball back to the area.
On May 16, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, King County Executive Dow Constantine and Hansen announced details of a Memorandum of Understanding they will send to the city and county councils to finance a new, $490 million sports arena.
Hansen talked about his arena proposal, his thoughts on the NBA & NHL possibly coming to Seattle and much more in a live chat May 22 on seattletimes.com.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections