Chris Hansen is a San Francisco hedge-fund manager with deep Northwest roots who is seeking to build a sports arena south of Safeco Field to lure an NBA team to Seattle.
A big Sonics fan growing up, he is prepared to make a significant investment in the Seattle community to try and bring pro basketball back to the area.
On May 16, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, King County Executive Dow Constantine and Hansen announced details of a Memorandum of Understanding they will send to the city and county councils to finance a new, $490 million sports arena.
Hansen talked about his arena proposal, his thoughts on the NBA & NHL possibly coming to Seattle and much more in a live chat May 22 on seattletimes.com.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst