Chris Hansen is a San Francisco hedge-fund manager with deep Northwest roots who is seeking to build a sports arena south of Safeco Field to lure an NBA team to Seattle.
A big Sonics fan growing up, he is prepared to make a significant investment in the Seattle community to try and bring pro basketball back to the area.
On May 16, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, King County Executive Dow Constantine and Hansen announced details of a Memorandum of Understanding they will send to the city and county councils to finance a new, $490 million sports arena.
Hansen talked about his arena proposal, his thoughts on the NBA & NHL possibly coming to Seattle and much more in a live chat May 22 on seattletimes.com.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'