Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson, a native of Parkland, Washington, is currently the UFC flyweight champion and is slated to defend his title against No. 1 contender John Moraga in the UFC on FOX event at KeyArena on July 27.
He began his MMA career in 2007 and has put together a 17-2-1 record. In September 2012, he won UFC’s first flyweight title by beating Joseph Benavidez in a split decision.
Johnson answered questions about his MMA career, his upcoming bout in Seattle and more in a live chat on May 16.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle