Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson, a native of Parkland, Washington, is currently the UFC flyweight champion and is slated to defend his title against No. 1 contender John Moraga in the UFC on FOX event at KeyArena on July 27.
He began his MMA career in 2007 and has put together a 17-2-1 record. In September 2012, he won UFC’s first flyweight title by beating Joseph Benavidez in a split decision.
Johnson answered questions about his MMA career, his upcoming bout in Seattle and more in a live chat on May 16.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii