A veteran broadcaster for 40 years, Bob Rondeau has been the play-by-play radio voice for UW football since 1980 and basketball since 1985. His signature “Touchdown Washington” and other calls are beloved by Husky fans everywhere.
He has been honored numerous times for his outstanding work and is a nine-time winner of the Washington State Sportscaster of the Year award. He was also inducted into the Pacific Northwest Football Hall of Fame in 2009.
On Friday, at the 78th Annual MTR Western Sports Star of the Year ceremony at Benaroya Hall, he’ll receive the Keith Jackson Award for his excellence in communicating the sports stories of the state of Washington.
Rondeau talked about Husky basketball and football, his career behind the mike and much more in a live chat on Jan. 24.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash