Puget Sound dropped its opening game of the Babe Ruth 14-Year-Old World Series in Moses Lake, losing 12-3 to Longwood, Fla., on Sunday.
Longwood’s Jared Tummins struck out nine, pitching all seven innings. Longwood’s bats came alive against Puget Sound relievers Jack Newman and AJ Lachini, who both gave up four runs in one inning of work each.
Puget Sound has three games left in pool play of the tournament, which ends on Sunday.
Moses Lake, the tournament host, fell 12-0 to Bryant, Ark.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
• Jody Lang of Puyallup won the Super Stock division of the NHRA Lucas Oil Regional event at Pacific Raceways in Kent. Lang defeated Kory Alby of Coos Bay, Ore.
Chris Demke of Sunland, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Dragster division and S
teve Gasparrelli of West Covina, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Funny Car division.
From sports-information reports.