Puget Sound dropped its opening game of the Babe Ruth 14-Year-Old World Series in Moses Lake, losing 12-3 to Longwood, Fla., on Sunday.
Longwood’s Jared Tummins struck out nine, pitching all seven innings. Longwood’s bats came alive against Puget Sound relievers Jack Newman and AJ Lachini, who both gave up four runs in one inning of work each.
Puget Sound has three games left in pool play of the tournament, which ends on Sunday.
Moses Lake, the tournament host, fell 12-0 to Bryant, Ark.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
Most Read Stories
• Jody Lang of Puyallup won the Super Stock division of the NHRA Lucas Oil Regional event at Pacific Raceways in Kent. Lang defeated Kory Alby of Coos Bay, Ore.
Chris Demke of Sunland, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Dragster division and S
teve Gasparrelli of West Covina, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Funny Car division.
From sports-information reports.