The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5. Roberts Lipsbergs scored in...
KENT — The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5.
Roberts Lipsbergs scored in the third period to tie the score at 5-5 for Seattle in the Western Hockey League game.
After a scoreless overtime period, Lipsbergs was the only Seattle player to score in the shootout. Derrick Pouliot put in Portland’s first shot in the shootout, then Chase De Leo provided the game-winner in the sixth round.
Brandon Glover made 17 saves for Seattle over 32 minutes before being replaced by Danny Mumaugh, who made 21 saves and allowed one goal.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
Victoria 4, at Everett 3 (OT)
Joe Hicketts scored 1 minute 57 seconds into overtime to give the Royals the win over the Silvertips in Everett.