The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5. Roberts Lipsbergs scored in...
KENT — The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5.
Roberts Lipsbergs scored in the third period to tie the score at 5-5 for Seattle in the Western Hockey League game.
After a scoreless overtime period, Lipsbergs was the only Seattle player to score in the shootout. Derrick Pouliot put in Portland’s first shot in the shootout, then Chase De Leo provided the game-winner in the sixth round.
Brandon Glover made 17 saves for Seattle over 32 minutes before being replaced by Danny Mumaugh, who made 21 saves and allowed one goal.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
Most Read Stories
Victoria 4, at Everett 3 (OT)
Joe Hicketts scored 1 minute 57 seconds into overtime to give the Royals the win over the Silvertips in Everett.