The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5. Roberts Lipsbergs scored in...
KENT — The Seattle Thunderbirds battled back to take the Portland Winterhawks into overtime, but fell in a shootout, 6-5.
Roberts Lipsbergs scored in the third period to tie the score at 5-5 for Seattle in the Western Hockey League game.
After a scoreless overtime period, Lipsbergs was the only Seattle player to score in the shootout. Derrick Pouliot put in Portland’s first shot in the shootout, then Chase De Leo provided the game-winner in the sixth round.
Brandon Glover made 17 saves for Seattle over 32 minutes before being replaced by Danny Mumaugh, who made 21 saves and allowed one goal.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
Victoria 4, at Everett 3 (OT)
Joe Hicketts scored 1 minute 57 seconds into overtime to give the Royals the win over the Silvertips in Everett.