Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington.
Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington, according to Scout.com and several other reports.
He is the 16th commit for UW’s Class of 2013, and the eighth since last Friday. He is also the third offensive lineman.
Kirkland is rated three stars by both Scout.com and Rivals.com and committed shortly after having picked up an offer from the Huskies while participating at UW’s Rising Stars camp last week. His other listed offers included Colorado, Wyoming and Portland State.
Commitments are not binding until letters-of-intent are signed beginning in February.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Times staff reporter Bob Condotta contributed to this report.