Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington.
Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington, according to Scout.com and several other reports.
He is the 16th commit for UW’s Class of 2013, and the eighth since last Friday. He is also the third offensive lineman.
Kirkland is rated three stars by both Scout.com and Rivals.com and committed shortly after having picked up an offer from the Huskies while participating at UW’s Rising Stars camp last week. His other listed offers included Colorado, Wyoming and Portland State.
Commitments are not binding until letters-of-intent are signed beginning in February.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident
Most Read Stories
Times staff reporter Bob Condotta contributed to this report.