Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington.
Andrew Kirkland, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound guard from Jesuit High in Portland, said Tuesday he has committed to play football at Washington, according to Scout.com and several other reports.
He is the 16th commit for UW’s Class of 2013, and the eighth since last Friday. He is also the third offensive lineman.
Kirkland is rated three stars by both Scout.com and Rivals.com and committed shortly after having picked up an offer from the Huskies while participating at UW’s Rising Stars camp last week. His other listed offers included Colorado, Wyoming and Portland State.
Commitments are not binding until letters-of-intent are signed beginning in February.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Times staff reporter Bob Condotta contributed to this report.