AUBURN — It was a stretch-long battle, and the type of race where neither horse deserves to lose.
But in the final yards, Pippa Bou Peep surged past favored Seeking the Light to win by a head in the $50,000 Barbara Shinpoch stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Emerald Downs.
Pippa Bou Beep paid $6.60 to win as the second choice and ran the 6½ furlongs in 1 minute, 17.23 seconds.
“I had a perfect trip,” said Eliska Kubinova, the winning jockey. “This horse is really professional and she did everything I asked of her. I wasn’t 100 percent sure I was going to get there, but once I got next to the other horse, I was sure.”
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
Most Read Stories
Said Leslie Mawing, who rode Seeking the Light: “I felt she ran well, responded to pressure, (and) got beat in the last jump.
Compiled from track reports