Michelle Kwan is enjoying studying, diplomacy and skating, in that order. The two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion is...
NEW YORK — Michelle Kwan is enjoying studying, diplomacy and skating, in that order.
The two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion is studying political science at the University of Denver with an emphasis in international studies.
The 27-year-old Kwan said she’ll decide in 2009 if she’ll compete in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. She’s running, swimming and skating to stay in shape.
Kwan had hip surgery about a year ago.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
“It’s the first time in four years I’ve skated pain free,” she said. “I haven’t made a decision about 2010 — I’m keeping my options open.”
Kwan became the first U.S. public diplomacy envoy in 2006 after meeting Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a former competitive figure skater, at a White House dinner.
The Associated Press