Michelle Kwan is enjoying studying, diplomacy and skating, in that order. The two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion is...
NEW YORK — Michelle Kwan is enjoying studying, diplomacy and skating, in that order.
The two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion is studying political science at the University of Denver with an emphasis in international studies.
The 27-year-old Kwan said she’ll decide in 2009 if she’ll compete in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. She’s running, swimming and skating to stay in shape.
Kwan had hip surgery about a year ago.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
Most Read Stories
“It’s the first time in four years I’ve skated pain free,” she said. “I haven’t made a decision about 2010 — I’m keeping my options open.”
Kwan became the first U.S. public diplomacy envoy in 2006 after meeting Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a former competitive figure skater, at a White House dinner.
The Associated Press