Ex-NHL defenseman Chris Chelios still playing hockey at age 47
Chris Chelios: The 47-year-old defenseman who spent 25 years in the NHL signed Tuesday with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
Chelios, who played last season with the Detroit Red Wings, will make his Wolves debut Friday during a home game against Manitoba. Terms were not disclosed.
The Wolves signed Chelios one day after firing coach Don Granato following the team’s 1-5 start. The team’s roster includes some 20-year-old players who are the same age as Chelios’ oldest son.
“I’ve got no goal, just keep playing,” Chelios said last week. “I’m not going to come out and jeopardize this team’s success. It’s a challenge. … They’re very respectful kids and I intend to have a good time with these guys.”
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press