Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones is the newest contestant to join TV's "Dancing With the Stars. " Jones was the first contestant...
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones is the newest contestant to join TV’s “Dancing With the Stars.”
Jones was the first contestant announced Sunday night for the show’s new season. The announcement came during a commercial that aired during ABC’s telecast of the Academy Awards. The other new contestants will be announced Tuesday on “Good Morning America.” The show premieres March 18.
Jones is known for his dance moves in the end zone after a touchdown.
Three other NFL players have won the competition: Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward and Donald Driver.
Most Read Stories
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Seattle to spend $177M on new streetcar line amid questions about ‘unrealistic’ revenue, rider projections
- McCain calls brain cancer prognosis 'very poor'
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Jones was one of the Ravens’ stars in their Super Bowl victory, scoring two touchdowns. He began his NFL career when he was drafted by the Houston Texans in 2009. He was signed by the Ravens last year.
The Associated Press