The Vikings had career-high scoring totals from John Allen and Paul Jones in a 91-81 win over the Wolves.
MONMOUTH, Ore. — John Allen poured in a season-high 38 points and Paul Jones added a career-high 27 as Western Washington’s men’s basketball team stayed undefeated with a 91-81 win at Western Oregon on Thursday.
The No. 3 Vikings improved to 15-0 and sit alone atop the Great Northwest Athletic Conference at 6-0.
The Vikings have won a GNAC-record 21 straight games, and the streak and start to the season are both the second-best in WWU history.
WOU fell to 7-7 overall and 2-4 in the GNAC with its fourth straight loss. Kolton Nelson led the Wolves with 21 points.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
Allen was 15 of 21 from the field and Jones was 12 of 16 as WWU shot 52.1 percent. The Vikings also had a 47-26 margin in rebounds.
“It was a good, gutsy effort,” said WWU coach Tony Dominguez. “John was very calculating, he didn’t force anything, all his shots were good, on-balance shots. As a team, we took good shots tonight.”
Other men’s basketball
No. 6 Seattle Pacific won at Northwest Nazarene, 77-62, behind junior David Downs‘ 22 points.
• Eastern Washington fell at North Dakota, 65-47, in the first-ever Big Sky Conference game between the two schools.
• Central Washington sneaked past visiting Montana State-Billings, 89-86.
No. 8 Western Washington overcame a five-point halftime deficit to beat visiting Seattle Pacific, 61-44. The Vikings used a 13-0 run midway through the second half to surge ahead.
• Eastern Washington edged North Dakota at home, 75-72.
• Central Washington kept host Alaska-Fairbanks winless in GNAC play with a 69-49 victory.
From sports-information reports.