The Vikings had career-high scoring totals from John Allen and Paul Jones in a 91-81 win over the Wolves.
MONMOUTH, Ore. — John Allen poured in a season-high 38 points and Paul Jones added a career-high 27 as Western Washington’s men’s basketball team stayed undefeated with a 91-81 win at Western Oregon on Thursday.
The No. 3 Vikings improved to 15-0 and sit alone atop the Great Northwest Athletic Conference at 6-0.
The Vikings have won a GNAC-record 21 straight games, and the streak and start to the season are both the second-best in WWU history.
WOU fell to 7-7 overall and 2-4 in the GNAC with its fourth straight loss. Kolton Nelson led the Wolves with 21 points.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
Allen was 15 of 21 from the field and Jones was 12 of 16 as WWU shot 52.1 percent. The Vikings also had a 47-26 margin in rebounds.
“It was a good, gutsy effort,” said WWU coach Tony Dominguez. “John was very calculating, he didn’t force anything, all his shots were good, on-balance shots. As a team, we took good shots tonight.”
Other men’s basketball
No. 6 Seattle Pacific won at Northwest Nazarene, 77-62, behind junior David Downs‘ 22 points.
• Eastern Washington fell at North Dakota, 65-47, in the first-ever Big Sky Conference game between the two schools.
• Central Washington sneaked past visiting Montana State-Billings, 89-86.
No. 8 Western Washington overcame a five-point halftime deficit to beat visiting Seattle Pacific, 61-44. The Vikings used a 13-0 run midway through the second half to surge ahead.
• Eastern Washington edged North Dakota at home, 75-72.
• Central Washington kept host Alaska-Fairbanks winless in GNAC play with a 69-49 victory.
From sports-information reports.