NASCAR has indefinitely banned a driver's girlfriend from all events for slapping a rival racer after the Truck Series race Sunday in Bowmanville, Ontario.
NASCAR has indefinitely banned a driver’s girlfriend from all events for slapping a rival racer after the Truck Series race Sunday in Bowmanville, Ontario.
NASCAR said Wednesday that Kelly Heaphy, driver Mike Skeen’s girlfriend, also was fined $2,500 for slapping Max Papis in the face.
Papis and Skeen had been battling for third in the closing laps of the race until contact between the two on the last lap ruined Papis’ finish. The two hit again during the cool-down lap, and Papis voiced his displeasure about Skeen during his post-race interview. Heaphy then approached Papis and slapped him.
Papis finished sixth in the road race, and Skeen was 13th.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?