Mitch Stewart of Federal Way defeated Jesse Walter of Seattle 6-1, 6-4 to win the men’s open singles title at the Seattle City Open at Lower Woodland Park on Sunday.
In women’s open singles, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue blanked Megan Lalone of Stanwood, 6-0, 6-0.
In men’s 35 singles, Alan Regala of Seattle earned a 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 victory over Carl Mannheim of Seattle. In men’s 35 doubles, Kerry Bucklin and John Foster of Mercer Island defeated Dustin Hedger and Tuan Nguyen of Seattle, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
• Colin Hering, an outfielder at Coastal Carolina from Newport High and Bellevue College, was selected by the Dodgers in the 10th round of the MLB draft, No. 309 overall.
From sports-information reports.