Mitch Stewart of Federal Way defeated Jesse Walter of Seattle 6-1, 6-4 to win the men’s open singles title at the Seattle City Open at Lower Woodland Park on Sunday.
In women’s open singles, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue blanked Megan Lalone of Stanwood, 6-0, 6-0.
In men’s 35 singles, Alan Regala of Seattle earned a 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 victory over Carl Mannheim of Seattle. In men’s 35 doubles, Kerry Bucklin and John Foster of Mercer Island defeated Dustin Hedger and Tuan Nguyen of Seattle, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
Most Read Stories
• Colin Hering, an outfielder at Coastal Carolina from Newport High and Bellevue College, was selected by the Dodgers in the 10th round of the MLB draft, No. 309 overall.
From sports-information reports.