Mitch Stewart of Federal Way defeated Jesse Walter of Seattle 6-1, 6-4 to win the men’s open singles title at the Seattle City Open at Lower Woodland Park on Sunday.
In women’s open singles, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue blanked Megan Lalone of Stanwood, 6-0, 6-0.
In men’s 35 singles, Alan Regala of Seattle earned a 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 victory over Carl Mannheim of Seattle. In men’s 35 doubles, Kerry Bucklin and John Foster of Mercer Island defeated Dustin Hedger and Tuan Nguyen of Seattle, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
Most Read Stories
• Colin Hering, an outfielder at Coastal Carolina from Newport High and Bellevue College, was selected by the Dodgers in the 10th round of the MLB draft, No. 309 overall.
From sports-information reports.