Mitch Stewart of Federal Way defeated Jesse Walter of Seattle 6-1, 6-4 to win the men’s open singles title at the Seattle City Open at Lower Woodland Park on Sunday.
In women’s open singles, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue blanked Megan Lalone of Stanwood, 6-0, 6-0.
In men’s 35 singles, Alan Regala of Seattle earned a 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 victory over Carl Mannheim of Seattle. In men’s 35 doubles, Kerry Bucklin and John Foster of Mercer Island defeated Dustin Hedger and Tuan Nguyen of Seattle, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
• Colin Hering, an outfielder at Coastal Carolina from Newport High and Bellevue College, was selected by the Dodgers in the 10th round of the MLB draft, No. 309 overall.
From sports-information reports.