Mitch Stewart of Federal Way defeated Jesse Walter of Seattle 6-1, 6-4 to win the men’s open singles title at the Seattle City Open at Lower Woodland Park on Sunday.
In women’s open singles, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue blanked Megan Lalone of Stanwood, 6-0, 6-0.
In men’s 35 singles, Alan Regala of Seattle earned a 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 victory over Carl Mannheim of Seattle. In men’s 35 doubles, Kerry Bucklin and John Foster of Mercer Island defeated Dustin Hedger and Tuan Nguyen of Seattle, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
• Colin Hering, an outfielder at Coastal Carolina from Newport High and Bellevue College, was selected by the Dodgers in the 10th round of the MLB draft, No. 309 overall.
From sports-information reports.