Dave Villwock made his debut at the wheel of an unlimited hydroplane in 1992 and has gone on to become one of the most successful drivers in history.
Over the years, he has piloted several championship boats including the PICO American Dream, Miss Budweiser, and Ellstrom E-Lam Plus. In 2010, he is driving the U-96 Spirit of Qatar.
On July 12, Villwock won his third straight APBA Gold Cup and the eighth of his career, tying him with the late Bill Muncey and putting him three shy of Chip Hanauer’s 11. He now has 60 career victories, two shy of Muncey’s all-time mark and one behind Hanauer, including a record 10 wins at Seafair.
He’ll be available to answer your questions about his outstanding career, what it’s like to race on Lake Washington and much more at noon Wednesday on seattletimes.com.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income