Dave Villwock made his debut at the wheel of an unlimited hydroplane in 1992 and has gone on to become one of the most successful drivers in history.
Over the years, he has piloted several championship boats including the PICO American Dream, Miss Budweiser, and Ellstrom E-Lam Plus. In 2010, he is driving the U-96 Spirit of Qatar.
On July 12, Villwock won his third straight APBA Gold Cup and the eighth of his career, tying him with the late Bill Muncey and putting him three shy of Chip Hanauer’s 11. He now has 60 career victories, two shy of Muncey’s all-time mark and one behind Hanauer, including a record 10 wins at Seafair.
He’ll be available to answer your questions about his outstanding career, what it’s like to race on Lake Washington and much more at noon Wednesday on seattletimes.com.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more