Dave Villwock made his debut at the wheel of an unlimited hydroplane in 1992 and has gone on to become one of the most successful drivers in history.
Over the years, he has piloted several championship boats including the PICO American Dream, Miss Budweiser, and Ellstrom E-Lam Plus. In 2010, he is driving the U-96 Spirit of Qatar.
On July 12, Villwock won his third straight APBA Gold Cup and the eighth of his career, tying him with the late Bill Muncey and putting him three shy of Chip Hanauer’s 11. He now has 60 career victories, two shy of Muncey’s all-time mark and one behind Hanauer, including a record 10 wins at Seafair.
He’ll be available to answer your questions about his outstanding career, what it’s like to race on Lake Washington and much more at noon Wednesday on seattletimes.com.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund