During her prolific playing career, Kerri Walsh Jennings became one of the greatest women’s volleyballers in the history of the sport.
She has been a champion at every level, including three state titles, two NCAA crowns at Stanford, three world championships and three Olympic gold medals.
Her Olympic triumphs came in 2004, 2008 and 2012 with partner Misty May-Treanor and their three-peat may never be matched in beach volleyball.
Walsh Jennings is in Seattle for the NCAA Division I Women’s National Championship and answered questions about Thursday’s semifinals, Saturday’s title game between Wisconsin and Penn State, her memorable career and more in a chat Friday afternoon on seattletimes.com.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell