During her prolific playing career, Kerri Walsh Jennings became one of the greatest women’s volleyballers in the history of the sport.
She has been a champion at every level, including three state titles, two NCAA crowns at Stanford, three world championships and three Olympic gold medals.
Her Olympic triumphs came in 2004, 2008 and 2012 with partner Misty May-Treanor and their three-peat may never be matched in beach volleyball.
Walsh Jennings is in Seattle for the NCAA Division I Women’s National Championship and answered questions about Thursday’s semifinals, Saturday’s title game between Wisconsin and Penn State, her memorable career and more in a chat Friday afternoon on seattletimes.com.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite