FONTANA, Calif. – Kyle Larson won his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday, holding off Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch in a thrilling finish at Auto Club Speedway.
The 21-year-old Larson, who is from Elk Grove, became the first California native to win a Nationwide race at the 2-mile oval, surviving a battle in the final laps of the Treatmyclot.com 300 that had fans on their feet.
“Those last 11, 12 laps were the longest laps of my life,” Larson said.
Harvick was second, 0.342 seconds behind, and Busch settled for third.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 28th of 40.