FONTANA, Calif. – Kyle Larson won his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday, holding off Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch in a thrilling finish at Auto Club Speedway.
The 21-year-old Larson, who is from Elk Grove, became the first California native to win a Nationwide race at the 2-mile oval, surviving a battle in the final laps of the Treatmyclot.com 300 that had fans on their feet.
“Those last 11, 12 laps were the longest laps of my life,” Larson said.
Harvick was second, 0.342 seconds behind, and Busch settled for third.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 28th of 40.