FONTANA, Calif. – Kyle Larson won his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday, holding off Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch in a thrilling finish at Auto Club Speedway.
The 21-year-old Larson, who is from Elk Grove, became the first California native to win a Nationwide race at the 2-mile oval, surviving a battle in the final laps of the Treatmyclot.com 300 that had fans on their feet.
“Those last 11, 12 laps were the longest laps of my life,” Larson said.
Harvick was second, 0.342 seconds behind, and Busch settled for third.
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Did she blow? NW submarine volcano likely just erupted
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 28th of 40.