FONTANA, Calif. – Kyle Larson won his first NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday, holding off Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch in a thrilling finish at Auto Club Speedway.
The 21-year-old Larson, who is from Elk Grove, became the first California native to win a Nationwide race at the 2-mile oval, surviving a battle in the final laps of the Treatmyclot.com 300 that had fans on their feet.
“Those last 11, 12 laps were the longest laps of my life,” Larson said.
Harvick was second, 0.342 seconds behind, and Busch settled for third.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway was 28th of 40.