DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.– Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw won the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway on Friday for his first victory in the NASCAR Nationwide Series since 2007.
Kahne hopes the success will give him momentum heading into Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 in the Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR’s highest level. The Hendrick Motorsports team has four drivers in the Sprint Cup Series and Kahne is the only one without a victory this season.
“This will carry,” he said. “I haven’t won in a while. To win in anything is good.”
Kahne drives for JR Motorsports, owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr., in the Nationwide Series and he edged teammate Regan Smith by 0.02 seconds.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway finished 13th of 40 in a race where there were two crashes in the final seven laps.