DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.– Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw won the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway on Friday for his first victory in the NASCAR Nationwide Series since 2007.
Kahne hopes the success will give him momentum heading into Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 in the Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR’s highest level. The Hendrick Motorsports team has four drivers in the Sprint Cup Series and Kahne is the only one without a victory this season.
“This will carry,” he said. “I haven’t won in a while. To win in anything is good.”
Kahne drives for JR Motorsports, owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr., in the Nationwide Series and he edged teammate Regan Smith by 0.02 seconds.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
Derrike Cope of Spanaway finished 13th of 40 in a race where there were two crashes in the final seven laps.