Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play...
Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play men’s basketball.
A 6-foot-8 center from Mercer Island High School, Rasmussen averaged 13.8 points and eight rebounds per game as a junior last year.
“Joe has a bright future in basketball,” SPU coach Ryan Looney said. “He is currently 6-8, weighs 230 pounds and wears a size-19 shoe, so he might still be growing.”
Blair Rasmussen starred at Auburn High School and played eight seasons in the NBA, from 1985 to 1993. A 7-foot center, he was the 15th overall pick in the 1985 NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
Most Read Stories
From a school news release