Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play...
Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play men’s basketball.
A 6-foot-8 center from Mercer Island High School, Rasmussen averaged 13.8 points and eight rebounds per game as a junior last year.
“Joe has a bright future in basketball,” SPU coach Ryan Looney said. “He is currently 6-8, weighs 230 pounds and wears a size-19 shoe, so he might still be growing.”
Blair Rasmussen starred at Auburn High School and played eight seasons in the NBA, from 1985 to 1993. A 7-foot center, he was the 15th overall pick in the 1985 NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
From a school news release