Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play...
Joe Rasmussen, the son of former NBA player Blair Rasmussen, has signed a letter of intent to attend Seattle Pacific University and play men’s basketball.
A 6-foot-8 center from Mercer Island High School, Rasmussen averaged 13.8 points and eight rebounds per game as a junior last year.
“Joe has a bright future in basketball,” SPU coach Ryan Looney said. “He is currently 6-8, weighs 230 pounds and wears a size-19 shoe, so he might still be growing.”
Blair Rasmussen starred at Auburn High School and played eight seasons in the NBA, from 1985 to 1993. A 7-foot center, he was the 15th overall pick in the 1985 NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
From a school news release