The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday's seventh race at Aqueduct.
JAMAICA, N.Y. — The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday’s seventh race at Aqueduct.
Dominguez received the Eclipse Award as North America’s top jockey for 2010 and 2011 and is considered a serious candidate to win for the third consecutive time when the 2012 awards are presented Saturday.
Agent Steve Rushing said Dominguez’s wife, Sharon, told him results of a CT scan revealed the skull fracture. Rushing said he has been told the next “24 to 48 hours can be critical.”
Dominguez’s mount, Convocation, clipped heels with Sovereign Default and the rider was thrown to the track. Dominguez, 36, was in stable condition at a hospital.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska