The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday's seventh race at Aqueduct.
JAMAICA, N.Y. — The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday’s seventh race at Aqueduct.
Dominguez received the Eclipse Award as North America’s top jockey for 2010 and 2011 and is considered a serious candidate to win for the third consecutive time when the 2012 awards are presented Saturday.
Agent Steve Rushing said Dominguez’s wife, Sharon, told him results of a CT scan revealed the skull fracture. Rushing said he has been told the next “24 to 48 hours can be critical.”
Dominguez’s mount, Convocation, clipped heels with Sovereign Default and the rider was thrown to the track. Dominguez, 36, was in stable condition at a hospital.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars