The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday's seventh race at Aqueduct.
JAMAICA, N.Y. — The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday’s seventh race at Aqueduct.
Dominguez received the Eclipse Award as North America’s top jockey for 2010 and 2011 and is considered a serious candidate to win for the third consecutive time when the 2012 awards are presented Saturday.
Agent Steve Rushing said Dominguez’s wife, Sharon, told him results of a CT scan revealed the skull fracture. Rushing said he has been told the next “24 to 48 hours can be critical.”
Dominguez’s mount, Convocation, clipped heels with Sovereign Default and the rider was thrown to the track. Dominguez, 36, was in stable condition at a hospital.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur