Defending national high-point champion Jimmy Shane put his new team — the No. 6 Oberto — at the top of the qualifying ladder for the Madison (Ind.) Regatta unlimited hydroplane race by posting a speed of 148.692 mph.
Shane said his new ride is, “Exactly what I expected. It’s a rocket ship! A little looser than the boat I drove last year, but it’s really fast and I love it.”
Jon Zimmerman was second fastest at 146.520 in the Team Red Dot/Spirit of Qatar. J. Michael Kelly equaled that speed in the Graham Trucking but lost the speed due to an N2 violation.
Third was Tom Thompson in the Peters & May at 143.067.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.