Defending national high-point champion Jimmy Shane put his new team — the No. 6 Oberto — at the top of the qualifying ladder for the Madison (Ind.) Regatta unlimited hydroplane race by posting a speed of 148.692 mph.
Shane said his new ride is, “Exactly what I expected. It’s a rocket ship! A little looser than the boat I drove last year, but it’s really fast and I love it.”
Jon Zimmerman was second fastest at 146.520 in the Team Red Dot/Spirit of Qatar. J. Michael Kelly equaled that speed in the Graham Trucking but lost the speed due to an N2 violation.
Third was Tom Thompson in the Peters & May at 143.067.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.