KENNEWICK — Jimmy Shane drove U-6 Oberto to the top qualifying mark during the Columbia Cup hydroplane races Friday, while Dave Villwock returned to post the fourth-best time.
Shane had an average speed of 163.247 mph. Villwock, who retired in 2012 with more victories than any driver, drove the U-37 Cost Less Carpet presents Miss Beacon Plumbing to an average of 153.927.
• The Huskies’ Corey Pereira completed his impressive play at the Pacific Coast Amateur with a 3-under 67 to break the 11-year-old scoring record set by former Husky James Lepp. Pereira fired a 70-62-62-67—261, two strokes better than what Lepp had in 2003. Pereira’s 19-under total at 7,272-yard Pine Canyon Club gave him an eight-shot victory.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected