KENNEWICK — Jimmy Shane drove U-6 Oberto to the top qualifying mark during the Columbia Cup hydroplane races Friday, while Dave Villwock returned to post the fourth-best time.
Shane had an average speed of 163.247 mph. Villwock, who retired in 2012 with more victories than any driver, drove the U-37 Cost Less Carpet presents Miss Beacon Plumbing to an average of 153.927.
• The Huskies’ Corey Pereira completed his impressive play at the Pacific Coast Amateur with a 3-under 67 to break the 11-year-old scoring record set by former Husky James Lepp. Pereira fired a 70-62-62-67—261, two strokes better than what Lepp had in 2003. Pereira’s 19-under total at 7,272-yard Pine Canyon Club gave him an eight-shot victory.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green