Jim Nabors: The 84-year-old entertainer best known as the star of TV’s “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” in the late 1960s will sing his signature “Back Home in Indiana” for the final time before Sunday’s Indianapolis 500.
“It’s really a remarkable thing for me,” said Nabors, who has been an Indy fixture since 1972. “It’s the highlight of my year because it’s 500,000 of my closest friends, and they do make me feel like I’m their best friend.”
Nabors, saying he’s tired of traveling, looks forward to spending more time on his macadamia nut farm on Maui.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law