Jim Nabors: The 84-year-old entertainer best known as the star of TV’s “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” in the late 1960s will sing his signature “Back Home in Indiana” for the final time before Sunday’s Indianapolis 500.
“It’s really a remarkable thing for me,” said Nabors, who has been an Indy fixture since 1972. “It’s the highlight of my year because it’s 500,000 of my closest friends, and they do make me feel like I’m their best friend.”
Nabors, saying he’s tired of traveling, looks forward to spending more time on his macadamia nut farm on Maui.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska