Jim Nabors: The 84-year-old entertainer best known as the star of TV’s “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” in the late 1960s will sing his signature “Back Home in Indiana” for the final time before Sunday’s Indianapolis 500.
“It’s really a remarkable thing for me,” said Nabors, who has been an Indy fixture since 1972. “It’s the highlight of my year because it’s 500,000 of my closest friends, and they do make me feel like I’m their best friend.”
Nabors, saying he’s tired of traveling, looks forward to spending more time on his macadamia nut farm on Maui.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- What concussion testing did WSU QB Luke Falk have to go through? We ask WSU's team physician, Dr. Dennis Garcia