Jim Nabors: The 84-year-old entertainer best known as the star of TV’s “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.” in the late 1960s will sing his signature “Back Home in Indiana” for the final time before Sunday’s Indianapolis 500.
“It’s really a remarkable thing for me,” said Nabors, who has been an Indy fixture since 1972. “It’s the highlight of my year because it’s 500,000 of my closest friends, and they do make me feel like I’m their best friend.”
Nabors, saying he’s tired of traveling, looks forward to spending more time on his macadamia nut farm on Maui.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage