Several sporting events, including an NFL game, two baseball games, some major-college football games and a women's professional basketball...
Several sporting events, including an NFL game, two baseball games, some major-college football games and a women’s professional basketball game, were rescheduled as Hurricane Ike approached the Texas coast Thursday.
A look at some of the affected games (all times PDT):
• Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens: game scheduled for 1:15 Sunday has been moved to Monday night at 5:30.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
• Houston Astros vs. Chicago Cubs: First two games of weekend series postponed. No makeup dates set.
• Arkansas vs. No. 8 Texas: postponed until Sept. 27.
• Washington State vs. Baylor: moved from Saturday to today at 5:30 p.m.
• Stanford vs. Texas Christian: kickoff Saturday in Fort Worth moved from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
• Air Force vs. Houston: moved from Houston to Dallas, at 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Sam Houston State vs. Prairie View A&M: Saturday’s game canceled.
• Hardin-Simmons vs. Linfield: moved from 4 p.m. to noon Saturday.
• The game in Houston tonight between the Comets and Sacramento Monarchs was postponed. It will most likely be rescheduled for Monday, depending on the severity of the storm.